Monday, March 4, 2013

Joy vs. Happiness




I have always felt that their is a difference in joy and happiness. Joy comes from God. In my life joy is down deep in my soul and it is what makes me get up every morning it is what drives me. Joy is consistent in my life. The minute I feel my joy is gone that is when we have a problem. Happiness though is a bit more difficult at times. Happiness for me is found when I have go out to a movie with Riley, or when I get to come to WV and spend time with my family. I find happiness in my relationships with others. Some may find it in time alone, me not so much. Happiness is different for all of us, but Joy is universal. 

So here are some things that make me happy: Cuddling with my dogs, going out to eat, being outside on a sunny day, having a clean house, cooking a meal from scratch, window shopping (real shopping makes me very happy), doing almost anything with Riley, spending time with my nieces, talking with my family, talking a hot bath, reading a good book, watching my favorite tv shows and lots of other things that I can't think of at the moment. 

What makes you happy? Do you agree or disagree that joy and happiness are different? I would love to hear from you guys! Have a Happy Monday =) 



No comments:

Post a Comment