Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Mom Club

              So as I mentioned in my welcome post I have been trying to become a mom for almost a year now. This journey has been a roller coaster of emotions, but it has also been a growing experience. When you are "trying" to get pregnant you have a lot of time to think and ask yourself "What type of mom do I want to be", "Is the timing right?" "Is the timing ever right?" and so on. You also become overly aware of every baby that surrounds you. Suddenly, like magic, your eyes are open to every pregnant woman in the mall, on the tv and especially people on social media. I find myself, I'll admit, semi obsessed with these people. I want to know where they are in their life, are they my age, do they have a job, how do they make it work. Weird, I know. I start to wonder why these woman where chosen to have the job I would love to have?! What am I doing wrong (nothing, I know...I'm coming to terms with this.)

           I start to compare. I saw on pinterest (another total obsession) a quote that said "Comparison is the thief of joy". Wise words. I have been spending all this time just dying to be in "The Mom Club". I want to learn about making my own baby food, I want to go cloth diaper shopping, I want to be a part of this bond! (Do you hear the pleading in my voice!). Then suddenly I am reminded of this quote "Comparison is the thief of joy" and I can watch it unfold in my life. I am comparing, or as the Bible says "coveting" other peoples children! What is wrong with me?! (that's another post for another time).

           I am learning to not compare, to be blissfully happy in the fact that Riley and I have a really good life! We can go out, we can travel ( that stuff takes money, so it doesn't happen often) but we can! I am trying to find the joy in my life right now in my own club, as hard as it feels sometimes. This is a lesson that needs to be learned now, because someone always has something you would like to have. This is something I am working on and will continue to work on probably for the rest of my life.

2 comments:

  1. I think about The Mom Club often, too. I'm not trying to get in just yet, but I notice all the cute pregnant ladies and love to think about having a baby soonish. I know that you will be an OUTSTANDING mama whenever (and however) that happens. I will be praying for you!

    Psalm 37:4
    Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your words of encouragement Emily! It means a lot. I also live the verse you posted. That is something I have been trying to do, delight myself in God and let Him be my focus <3

    ReplyDelete